Every Fundraiser who raises at least $50 for Hunger Hike is entitled to a free Hunger Hike 2020 T-shirt. Sign up below to choose a time slot for picking up your T-shirt at the
LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN.
Sunday, September 12 to Sunday, September 19
- Starting on Sunday, September 12 we will call on you to WALK FAR IN THE FIGHT AGAINST HUNGER
- Set yourself a personal challenge for the week:
- Take 100,000 steps
- Run 100 miles
- Walk 5 miles every day
- Go on a 10 mile run
- Ride your bike 100 miles
- Swim 2 miles a day
- Stop eating meat for the week
- Fast for 2 days – or make it 4
- Take the SNAP Challenge and feed your family on the average Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefit ($30/person for the week) – for more information, click HERE
- OR…the possibilities are endless!
- Make it a challenge you’ll enjoy conquering, and one that might inspire your supporters
- Post the challenge on your personal fundraising page
- Then WALK, RUN, BIKE, SWIM, COOK, FAST, RAISE MONEY, and SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Throughout the week we’ll be posting videos and inspirational messages to help keep you going
Information on the Celebration & 3K Walk on Sunday, September 19, click HERE
The official Hunger Hike 2019 T-shirt (see photo) will be available this weekend at the Masses at St. Thomas Aquinas for a donation to Hunger Hike. Details are as follows:
Saturday, 5:15-6:30 p.m.;
Sunday, 8:45-10:30 a.m.; 10:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.;
- Location: St. Thomas Aquinas, 535 W State Street, West Lafayette
- Donation: 1 for $10, 2 for $15, 6 for $30
All proceeds will go to Hunger Hike 2019.
A limited number of past year’s Hunger Hike T-shirts will be available as well.
Get ’em while they last!
If you wish to VOLUNTEER selling T-shirts at St. Tom’s, click HERE.
Here is this year’s official Hunger Hike T-shirt.
Everyone who raises more than $50 will be presented with a 2019 Hunger Hike T-shirt at check-in on Sunday, September 22 at Riehle Plaza. You can then wear it in pride knowing that YOU have made a difference in the Fight Against Hunger.
It is not too late to start raising money for Hunger Hike — and secure your official 2019 T-shirt. Just go to the Hunger Hike website and get started today — hungerhike.org.
At Hunger Hike, there will be a Hot Dog Picnic with free hot dogs, bottled water & chips. Hunger Hike also includes clowns, face painting, balloon animals, massages, and voter registration. Hunger Hike is thankful for the support of our many sponsors — including:
- Printing – Instant Copy Printing, Lafayette
- Bottled Water – Aqua Systems, Lafayette
- Hot Dogs – Texas Roadhouse, Lafayette
- Banners – Sign Art Etc., Lafayette
- Trophies – Awards Unlimited, Inc., Lafayette
- Massages – Essential Touch Massage, Lafayette
- Face Painting & Balloon Animals – Smiles Unlimited Clown Ministry, Laffy-ette Chapter
Please show your appreciation for our Hunger Hike event sponsors by supporting and thanking them.
DJ Powder from Rat Pak Mobile DJs will emcee and provide dance music at Hunger Hike.
DJ Powder creates a fun, family friendly, festive environment during the kick-off of Hunger Hike.
Join us THIS Sunday to enjoy music by DJ Powder of Rat Pak at the Hunger Hike kick-off event from Noon to 3:30 p.m. (Riehle Plaza).
The Hunger Hike 2019 honorary co-chairs are Purdue Coaches Sharon Versyp (women’s basketball) & Dave Kucik (men’s & women’s crew & rowing).
Coaches Versyp & Kucik are perfect ambassadors for Hunger Hike. Both set the bar high for their own work and their teams. They have a serious commitment to serving their community — especially in supporting food assistance and nutrition programs. You’ll get to meet them and the student-athletes on their teams as well as see a Purdue Crew team “shell.”
Join us THIS Sunday to meet and hear remarks from Coaches Sharon Versyp & Dave Kucik at the Hunger Hike kick-off event at 1:45 p.m. (Riehle Plaza).
Sheila Klinker, Indiana State Representative, will kick-off Hunger Hike with the singing of the US National Anthem.
State Representative Sheila Klinker was first elected in 1982 to represent District 27. A proud Boilermaker alumna, Klinker taught for more than 34 years in the Lafayette School Corporation and served as the Outreach Liaison for the Purdue School of Education for 15 years. As a college student, Klinker was named “Miss Purdue” and finished as second runner-up in the “Miss Indiana” contest. Klinker lives in Lafayette with her husband, Victor. They have three children and five grandchildren.
Join us THIS Sunday to hear Sheila Klinker sing the National Anthem at the Hunger Hike kick-off event at 1:15 p.m. (Riehle Plaza).
One of the highlights of Hunger Hike each year is the Zumba warm-up presented by Studio b Dance & Fitness (downtown Lafayette). Zumba will follow the National Anthem.
Miss Brooke (studio owner) & Kasie (fitness instructor) will bring the Hunger Hike crowd to their feet with the annual Zumba warm-up. Studio b Dance & Fitness was recently recognized as the Small Business of the Year.
Join us THIS Sunday to participate in our Zumba warm-up with Miss Brooke & Kasie at the Hunger Hike kick-off event at 1:20 p.m. (Riehle Plaza).
In addition to the two Purdue coaches serving as 2019 honorary co-chairs (see below), Hunger Hike will also feature Purdue Pete, the Purdue Cheer team and the Boilermaker Special. The Purdue Cheer team will perform with Purdue Pete right before Zumba. Thanks to Purdue Athletics and the Purdue Reamer Club for their support.
Join us THIS Sunday to see the Purdue Cheer team, to meet Purdue Pete and check out the Boilermaker Special at the Hunger Hike kick-off event from 1 – 2 p.m. (Riehle Plaza).