Support Food Programs Locally & Globally
Last year’s virtual Hunger Hike was an incredible success, raising more than $120,000 for Lafayette Urban Ministry, Food Finders Food Bank, and the Haiti Mission at St. Thomas Aquinas. But even as the US economy begins to recover from the effects of the pandemic, millions of people are still out of work, facing eviction, and struggling to put food on the table.
The need is as great as ever, and YOU can be part of the solution. Sign up now, and help fight hunger! Let’s beat last year’s record and raise $125,000 for the hunger relief efforts locally, regionally & globally. Hunger Hike details are as follows:
- September 12 to September 19 is Challenge Week.
- Set a personal challenge and share it with your supporters: walk 100 steps, bike 100 miles, fast for 2 days, go without meat for a week, or
- Take the SNAP Challenge and try to feed your family on the average SNAP benefit of $30 a person for the week.
- Sunday, September 19 at 1 p.m. join us in Riehle Plaza for our annual celebration and 3K walk. Enjoy:
- Live MUSIC from Briton Wiese, former LUM shelter director
- ZUMBA with Studio b, clowns, face painting, balloon animals, massages, and a hotdog picnic
- And NEW this year, pose for photos with our three costumed princesses
- Three Easy Ways to sign up:
- go to hungerhike.org | Click HERE | Text HHIKE to 71777