Hunger Hike 2015 has recently launched a new website — just in time for the September rush of fundraising activity.
The new website offers the latest technology to our participants to do everything online 24/7. It also includes tools for individuals who like to do their Hunger Hike fundraising the “old school” way — using sign-up sheets and going door-to-door.
The features of the new Hunger Hike are as follows:
- Hunger Hike fundraising
- Donate online through PayPal using PayPal account or credit card
- Create an online fundraising page — write personalized messages and use direct email and social media posts to solicit donations from friends and relatives — who follow your hyperlink and donate online
- Create or join a TEAM online — and use direct email and social media posts to solicit donations — which may be made online
- Collection Form — download the Hunger Hike collection form and raise & collect funds face to face
- Donate to a specific Hunger Hike “hiker” or “team” online
- HH5K Run
- Register and pay fee online
- Train for the 5K using our online route map
- Volunteer — sign up to volunteer for either Saturday or Sunday using our online sign-up page, which sends reminders three days and one day before the day.
- Promote Hunger Hike by downloading the flyer and posting at your work or school
- Event Sponsors – Support a Hunger Hike event sponsor using our online list
- Honorary Co-chairs – Learn more about our 2015 Honorary Co-chairs, sponsoring organizations, and history of Hunger Hike
- Photos – The latest photos and news on Hunger Hike – read and subscribe to our blog
The NEW Hunger Hike website makes it easier to participate in Hunger Hike and get information quickly and conveniently. We encourage everyone to use the Hunger Hike website to raise the maximum amount of money for this important cause.
For more information on Hunger Hike 2015, please visit and explore our new website at www.hungerhike.org.
Lafayette Urban Ministry
Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.
Fr. Patrick Baikauskas, OP
Pastor, Director of Campus Ministry
St. Thomas Aquinas Center
Hunger Hike is an annual Fall community fundraising weekend which includes the traditional 3K Walk on Sunday as well as a 5K run on Saturday. This year Hunger Hike is Saturday, September 19 & Sunday, September 20, 2015.
All Hunger Hike proceeds directly support the Lafayette Urban Ministry food assistance programs including the St. John’s/LUM Food Pantry, Food Finders Food Bank, Inc., and St. Thomas Aquinas Center’s Haitian Ministry including the Haiti Water Purification Project. Since early 1990s Lafayette Urban Ministry, St. Thomas Aquinas Center and Food Finders Food Bank, Inc. have been organizing a walk to support food programs locally, regionally and globally. Formerly known as the Crop Walk, it was officially renamed Hunger Hike in 1993.
Today, Hunger Hike gives companies, organizations, families & individuals many ways to be a part of a community event with a tremendous positive impact on “Fighting Hunger.”