Second Year in a Row – Funds Exceed $110,000
At a celebration this week, it was announced that the 25th annual Hunger Hike reached its goal. For the second year in a row Hunger Hike has raised over $110,000 — and for the third year, over $100,000.
The 2017 Hunger Hike total is $110,083 plus numerous gifts in kind. Each sponsoring agency received $36,694.
The celebration was capped off with the presentation of checks to representatives of the three sponsoring organizations: Fr. Patrick Baikauskas OP, St. Thomas Aquinas Haiti Ministry; Katy Bunder, Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.; and Joe Micon, Lafayette Urban Ministry. All major donors and event sponsors were also recognized.
A majority of the money comes from local churches ($58,498). The top six CHURCH fundraisers:
- St. Thomas Aquinas ($36,932)
- Bethany Presbyterian ($3,384)
- Chapel of the Good Shepherd ($3,366)
- St. Andrew United Methodist ($2,235)
- Central Presbyterian ($1,155)
- St. John’s Episcopal ($1,125)
The top six INDIVIDUAL fundraisers:
- Rob Pahl ($8,340)
- Fr. Patrick Baikauskas, OP ($7,551)
- Jane & Duane Sellers ($7,280)
- Michael Lockwood ($4,250)
- John Ginda ($2,705)
- The Eros Family ($1,770)
The top organization/group TEAMS:
- Purdue English Department Poets & Critics ($2,475)
- Food Finders Food Bank, Inc. ($1,060)
- Purdue Boxing Club ($990)
- Purdue Crew ($550)
- Grandma’s Bunch ($862)
- Alpha Gamma Delta – Beta Xi Chapter at Purdue ($275)
Special thanks to DIAMOND Level event sponsors:
- the Lafayette Life Foundation ($5,000)
- Walmart/Sam’s Club ($5,500)
Total Hunger Hike corporate gifts totaled $30,488. To view all of our event sponsors, click HERE.
The proceeds from Hunger Hike 2017 will have a tremendous & immediate positive impact on the Fight Against Hunger — locally, regionally & globally. Thank you all again for making history again this year at Hunger Hike.
Please mark your calendars for next year’s Hunger Hike event weekend
— September 15 & 16, 2018 —
More information may be found on the Hunger Hike website at www.hungerhike.org.
If you wish to become a Hunger Hike 2018 event sponsor, please call or email Joe Micon (765-423-2691 | email@example.com).